找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 7226|回复: 13

How [ NEED ] ROOT an AndroidTV Devices Technicolor DWI259S/UIW4020ETI (sapphire)

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-3-17 19:11:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 khurram 于 2021-3-18 19:43 编辑

How [ NEED ] ROOT an AndroidTV Devices Technicolor DWI259S/UIW4020ETI (sapphire)

Hi, I want to try to run the stock firmware or root my  TV box, the new DWI259S from Technicolor. I got my hopes up from the box saying it was android and had google assistant but most buttons do nothing and the elife app doesn't let me exit or anything. I tried to enter recovery to reset it but after showing the first time boot android animation it just went back into the un-exitable eLife app. I tried looking for stock firmware but I can't find it. Does anyone know how I can do this? Maybe some stuff from an external keyboard or something?
Android TV 7.1.1, chipset is Broadcom BCM7271

发表于 2021-3-18 20:26:22 | 显示全部楼层
khurram 发表于 2021-3-18 19:19
Dear Friend :)
i really appreciate your kind reply with all details, thank full to you brother... ...

I am an amateur of Cable TV set-top boxes used in mainland China (You should know that these STBs are customized by Cable providers, and users are not allowed to BYO their own STBs), with very strong purposes in realizing some special features that are NOT ACHIEVEABLE by any of other STBs. These purposes usually have a strong relationship with the Cable TV CONTENT SERVICES in mainland China (to be blunt, we are Chinese pirates), so the relevant experience does not necessarily apply to foreign STBs.

What I can provide you with is a basic idea and concept (i.e ways and how) to consider problems like what you described. There are lots of stuff and experiences need to be discovered by yourself, since nothing was actually helped us when we attempted to fxxk those Chinese Cable STBs.

It is not that I am unwilling to provide you with hands-on help, but it is true that the set-top boxes in each region are vary. Many things in the customized OS have no commonality and require local environment and experience in order to practice.

Therefore I strongly suggest you that, if you do not have special requirements like the pirates, that is, for some reasons you have to use this specific set-top box (or model), then you do not have to compete with the current STB. You can use the alternatives that are more open than this one.

For me personally, I would choose to leave it alone if it is not a necessity. But if you are really interested, please consider to follow my above ideas (adb/reco/TTL) to do your research.
发表于 2021-3-18 15:10:55 | 显示全部楼层
First of all, please do not attempt to use machine translations to describe your problems in Chinese. The grammar of Chinese is completely different from English, and you cannot express your intentions clearly with this method.

According to your descriptions, the set-top box provider has customized the Android operating system. This situation is quite common among cable TV service providers in mainland China. What you need to understand is that they DO NOT block you from logging out of this elife app, but directly removed other homepage apps from the bottom layer of the Android operating system. Maybe some keycode responses also have been removed by the way. This is why it seems like there is an un-exitable app, but actually this is not the case.

Therefore, I think you probably do not want to ROOT the set-top box, because if it is just the ROOT issues, you can directly use the recovery system to flash Magisk or SuperSU to solve the problem of privilege escalation, but it still cannot solve the problem that you cannot exit the elife app.

So, what you probably want to do is, you need to find a third-party desktop/homepage APP first, and find a way to install it through something like ADB, Reco or serial port (TTL), Then use the “am start” command to switch to the APP installed by yourself, and finally do whatever you like to the STB.

点评

Dear Friend :) i really appreciate your kind reply with all details, thank full to you brother... :) you are right that translation software cannot express what i want to say or my intentions, i am  详情 回复 发表于 2021-3-18 19:19
 楼主| 发表于 2021-3-18 19:19:11 | 显示全部楼层
Delta_18 发表于 2021-3-18 15:10
First of all, please do not attempt to use machine translations to describe your problems in Chinese ...

i really appreciate your kind reply with all details, thank full to you brother... :)

you are right that translation software cannot express what i want to say or my intentions,
i am new (beginner) self learning ,so need you help for further steps. may i inbox or wechat to you ? in your easy time

点评

I am an amateur of Cable TV set-top boxes used in mainland China (You should know that these STBs are customized by Cable providers, and users are not allowed to BYO their own STBs), with very strong  详情 回复 发表于 2021-3-18 20:26
 楼主| 发表于 2021-3-19 19:35:01 | 显示全部楼层
khurram 发表于 2021-3-18 19:19
i really appreciate your kind reply with all details, thank full to you brother... ...

thank you Boss you are teaching me such polite easy way, need long term relationship with you to establish tradeline .

for TTL/or Flash i don't have idea regarding Stock ROM/Firmware availability, already googled :(

QQ me please   

点评

I think you still do not understand my points. When you are tampering with the digital devices, you must clearly understand what your ultimate goal is and whether it is necessary to do so. At least f  详情 回复 发表于 2021-3-20 18:23
Please leave your Q Q I D.  详情 回复 发表于 2021-3-20 18:06
发表于 2021-3-20 18:06:18 | 显示全部楼层
khurram 发表于 2021-3-19 19:35
thank you Boss you are teaching me such polite easy way, need long term relationship with you to e ...

Please leave your Q Q  I D.

点评

please correct q q = 2993570794  发表于 2021-3-22 18:03
thank you,q q I D = 299357094_you may add weeechat too ID = mallroad  发表于 2021-3-22 17:59
发表于 2021-3-20 18:23:21 | 显示全部楼层
khurram 发表于 2021-3-19 19:35
thank you Boss you are teaching me such polite easy way, need long term relationship with you to e ...

I think you still do not understand my points.

When you are tampering with the digital devices, you must clearly understand what your ultimate goal is and whether it is necessary to do so. At least for now, I do not see any significance or value in what you are trying to do. Something like "trying to make this STB works like other normal STBs" is totally meaningless in my values (because you can simply shop for a better one).

In case you have not made it clear, I am a non-profit content pirate, but not a businessman. And I do not do any of these things (e.g. ONT, STB) for money.
 楼主| 发表于 2021-3-22 17:57:24 | 显示全部楼层
Delta_18 发表于 2021-3-20 18:06
Please leave your Q Q  I D.

thank you
my qq = 2993570794
*滑块验证:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|宽带技术网 |网站地图

粤公网安备 44152102000001号

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 22:16 , Processed in 0.025583 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.